Monday, February 28, 2011

Total case of the Mondays...

So it's only 10:30 and I already want to crawl back in bed and watch Fashion Police where they will be judging all of last nights Oscar gowns. I just feel like work should be optional on days like this. Days where you know you are not going to be as productive as you would like bc all  you can think about is when you are gonna get to jet out of here at lunch and what are you doing when you finally do get home from work for the night. The only thing I enjoy about this day is my outfit... khaki colored dress pants, a flowly floral top with a cropped blue cardigan and a chunky beaded necklace with wavy hair to prepare for the storm that will hit just in time for me to drive home tonight. When I left the house this morning I was thinking of all the things I would like to be doing today and the first includes a revamping of my guest room. Right now it is being used as my laundry room. I wish I could hire a closet organizer like Kim Kardashian to just go do it while I'm at work. I also wish that I had a cleaning lady to clean while I'm at work. Whenever I think of things like this I realize that I am destined to be filthy rich bc I find these activities far too trivial for my seemingly fabulous life. Nope, I think I'm just kinda lazy. I like to have a day where I do absolutely nothing but watch mindless TV and flash in and out of consciuosness. But the problem with that day is that now I still have some laundry to do, I still need to go to the grocery store, I still have to swiffer the hard woods, and I have neither the energy or time to do all those things when I get home tonight.

I was much more aware of my eating habits this weekend which was good and bad. Good bc I did not consume a months worth of calories within a 2 day span. Bad bc I ate very little before my all day drinking on Saturday which led me to be less than even slightly productive yesterday. So the weekend score stands at, Chardonnay 1, Mal 0. The lesson here is that if you want to drink 5 or more glasses of wine, eat more than 5 bites of blackened salmon salad. Just sayin...

On this day where I will use any excuse to do anything but work I am drawn to racapping the events of last night and this morning. Last night was the Oscars and all I will say is that I clearly need to see the Kings Speech. It won like every single award! I was glad that Natalie Portman won for Black Swann. As freaky as the movie is...she was fantastic in it. I loved that everyone gave very emotional thank you speeches about their significant others. I feel that if I ever gave an Oscar speech it would totally be from the heart and not a list of people that I read off a scrap napkin.

I also saw on the news this morning, before the Oscar talk began again, that Charlie Sheen is starting to do a series of very crack filled interviews for network TV. His first was this morning on the Today Show. All I can say is WOW! Let me cut a piece from SNL here...it's called Really Charlie Sheen? Really???

Really Charlie Sheen? You thought that no one would notice your sunkin cheeks and seemingly gaunt complexion? Do you seriously think people are dumb enough to believe that you are "off" drugs?? Really? And do you really expect all the addicts in the world to believe that you cleared your addiction with your mind? Really? And did you just refer to yourself as a super star from Mars? Really? And now you are asking for 3 million an episode bc of what CBS has put you through. Let me just see if I have this correct....You are the addict that acted beyond selfishly, went on a rant about the writers on the show, got all these people out of work, went on yet another rant about how good you are at "winning", and then YOU deserve an apology and 3 million an episode? REALLY?

This guy has really lost his damn mind! I feel bad for his family bc I'm sure they are beyond embarrassed. I hope that he gets some real help and then he can look back at this on an episode of Oprah 10 years from now and explain what drug he was on when he conducted every single one of these interviews. He is slated for another interview on GMA tomorrow so I'm anxiously awaiting the giant car crash that has become his life. I'm watching for sure bc I really can't even fathom what life would be like when you are that arrogant!

Ok well thats it for today. I guess I need to go earn my paycheck now...even though I really don't want to....please imagine me stomping around like a bratty 5 year old bc that's what I wish I could do at this second. I guess I'll settle for drinking my water bottle and counting down the seconds until I get to go take a 20 minute snooze in the car at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment